They say November is the month to give thanks for those who you are thankful for, hence Thanksgiving, right! So I am going to try to post something once a week that I am thankful for until the end of November, I said try, so don't hold it against me, if I am not able to do once a week, I am new at this, so I will do my best!
Thankful Blog #1
I am truly thankful for so many things, I am thankful for my husband, my family, my friends, my life and GOD! One of the most recent things that has happened to me is such a blessing! I was recently saved and I went forward during the hymn of invitation at church this past Sunday, it was an amazing experience. I am so thankful to start my "new" relationship with God and follow him as he guides me through the rest of my life! I always believed in God, but it was until a few months ago, I started to become more curious about my personal relationship with him. I started attending church every Sunday and started reading the bible every night. One night on the way home with my mother-in-law, Terri, from a church event called Girlfriends, we started discussing the process of being saved and why it was so important to go forward. I told her that I a few weeks prior, I had the feeling in my heart from God, telling me to let go of all the stress and let God take control, she was so happy that I had this experience and that Saturday, Terri and I sat down and we both prayed together for me to be saved and to forgive me of my sins. The next morning at church the sermon was about the your birth certificate, not the birth certificate you receive when you are born, but your spiritual birth certificate, how amazingly enough, God was speaking to me about being saved and going forward to receive my spiritual birth certificate! I am thankful that I have a relationship with God!
I'm so happy you started a blog, Jackie! Clay forwarded it to me (hope that was okay). Anyway, I added your link to my blog so I can remember to check back! Let me know, though, if you want me to take it off. If you want to follow us, we are at: http://ourtalesfromthecrib.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteI'm also so happy to hear of your decision for Christ!!! :) There really is nothing more important than that decision! Nor anything more beautiful, fulfilling, and everlasting as God's grace.
~Jennifer~
Thanks Jennifer! I am about to look at your blog, thanks for following! :)
ReplyDelete